Pearl’s mission is to make our global community a better place by giving homeowners the tools to improve their homes’ health, comfort, efficiency, resilience — and value. We are passionate about improving the performance of residential buildings as a way to improve people’s lives and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Pearl is a national start-up that certifies high-performing homes: homes with efficient heating and cooling, solar, smart home devices, resilient features and much more. Pearl’s certification drives demand for these improvements by capturing their value for resale and appraisal.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our dynamic, supportive team to work remotely from anywhere in the US. (We have been fully remote since our founding.)
As the Technical Product Manager, you will:
- Ensure that Pearl’s certification system best meets the needs of its many constituents: contractors, builders, manufacturers, real estate agents, etc.
- Own and manage the product/feature lifecycle which includes research, design, specifications, development, test, launch and follow up on success metrics
- Partner with multiple stakeholders and software developers to define, visualize, manage, and ultimately deliver the product roadmap for the cert app and adjacent systems
- Gather, structure, prioritize and communicate functional and non-functional requirements from user research, business, engineering, and executive staff
- Write clear, detailed, thorough development tickets/user stories including acceptance criteria
- Manage sprint planning and backlog grooming sessions
- Conduct detailed research, analysis, and visualization with limited oversight
- Create documentation for public APIs
- Evaluate development deliverables for adherence to acceptance criteria
- Manage stakeholder engagement and expectations with clear communication throughout the product development process
- Conduct data analysis and visualization to convey insights and results
What we’re looking for in a Technical Product Manger:
- Authorization to legally work in the US (Pearl is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time)
- 3+ years of relevant role experience (Product Management, Product Ownership, Business Analysis or Software Development)
- Experience with products and services that require system integrations, developing APIs, SDKs, and defining technical requirements
- Experience understanding and representing details in a technically complex product
- Working knowledge of Relational Databases and SQL
- A demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- The ability to rapidly understand complex concepts and transform them into actionable recommendations and features
- A demonstrated ability to manage and engage a diverse group of stakeholders
- A high degree of professionalism demonstrated by reliability, openmindendness, and entrepreneurial problem solving
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- A passion for ongoing learning and growth
- Travel occasionally for internal company meetings or customer contact - please note that Pearl requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if the appropriate time period has passed) for business travel and in-person meetings
- Occasional work is required outside of standard hours
- Ability to lift heavy thoughts and carry complex requirements
Nice to have:
- Previous startup experience
- Experience in any of the following fields: home contracting, solar, energy efficiency, building performance, building science, real estate
Why work at Pearl?
- We offer great growth opportunities in a dynamic, growing startup
- We are a mission-driven company, and we love what we do
- Pearl’s company culture is centered around our core values, the first of which is equality between people. We value diversity, celebrate our differences, and learn from one another. Pearl is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Our company culture is supportive, team-based, and fun
- We are 100% remote - work where you feel comfortable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Market salary based on experience and local conditions, in the range of $90k to $120k
- Medical, vision and dental coverage provided for employees and their families, with optional upgrade coverage, where the employee covers only the difference in cost
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life insurance, cell phone service, and 401(k) with employer match up to 4%
- 15 vacation days during the calendar year, plus holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day), a floating holiday for your birthday, sick days, and paid parental leave
***RECRUITERS, AGENCIES, AND INTERESTED CANDIDATES - we kindly ask that you please do NOT reach out directly via email to Pearl founders or staff.