Pearl’s mission is to make our global community a better place by giving homeowners the tools to improve their homes’ health, comfort, efficiency, resilience — and value. We are passionate about improving the performance of residential buildings as a way to improve people’s lives and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Pearl is a national start-up that certifies high-performing homes: homes with efficient heating and cooling, solar, smart home devices, resilient features and much more. Pearl’s certification drives demand for these improvements by capturing their value for resale and appraisal.
We are looking for two Sales Executives to join our dynamic, supportive team to work remotely from anywhere in the US. (We have been fully remote since our founding.) Pearl’s business model is SaaS, whereby high-quality contractors pay us a monthly fee based on volume and support services to certify all of their installations. Our network contractors see a 5% - 10% increase in close rates by leveraging Pearl in their sales conversation. We help them move the discussion from a focus on price to one of value - and in particular the increased value of the home as a result of their installation.
Pearl has manufacturer partnerships with Owens Corning, Lennox, and Sunpower which we will lean into in the coming year for sales and scale. We also have trade partnerships with ACCA, NCI, BPA, BPI, and NABCEP. We are venture-backed by Clean Energy Ventures (also mission driven) and supported by the National Association of REALTORS, the Appraisal Institute, and various federal agency’s programs. Pearl Certification is named in the national HOPE for HOMES legislation which has been included in Biden’s 2022 budget.
As a Sales Executive with Pearl, you will:
- Qualify candidates to ensure they meet Pearl's high standards for membership in the Pearl Contractor Network
- Educate and guide qualified candidates (specifically contractor business owners and sales and marketing leadership) through the sales process
- Close on new contractor business
- Document the sales process in Salesforce
- Work closely with Pearl's Contractor Success team to ensure a positive hand-off experience and provide follow-up support as accounts are brought into the network
- Work closely with Pearl’s marketing team on messaging and campaigns to drive inbound leads
- Work closely with Pearl’s product team to provide feedback on our app and its features
What we’re looking for in a Sales Executive:
- Authorization to legally work in the US
- Positive, upbeat attitude and a desire to learn
- Proven success with B2B sales
- Experience in HVAC, solar, or related residential contracting industry
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Passion for Pearl's product and excitement about helping contractors understand how it can help them grow their businesses
- Ability to thrive working independently
- Experience with consultant sales and/or new-to-market products
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically
- Impeccable references
Nice to have:
- Previous startup experience
- Experience in any of the following fields: home contracting, solar, energy efficiency, building performance, building science
- An existing network of contractor service providers
Why work at Pearl?
- We offer great growth opportunities in a dynamic, growing startup
- We are a mission-driven company, and we love what we do
- Pearl’s company culture is centered around our core values, the first of which is equality between people. We value diversity, celebrate our differences, and learn from one another. Pearl is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Our company culture is supportive, team-based, and fun
- We are 100% remote - work where you feel comfortable and are most productive
Compensation and Benefits:
- Market-based compensation, including stock options
- Standard medical, vision and dental coverage provided for employees and their families, with optional upgrade coverage, where the employee covers only the difference in cost
- Healthcare and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance, cell phone service, and a 401(k)
- 15 days of paid time off during the calendar year, plus holidays, sick days and paid parental leave