Pearl is a national start-up that certifies high-performing homes: homes with energy efficient heating and cooling, solar, smart home devices, resilient features and much more. Pearl’s certification drives demand for these improvements by capturing their value for resale and appraisal.
Our Public-Private Partnerships division is working to ensure Pearl becomes the leading certification services provider for high performing homes in California, the Pacific Northwest, and nationwide. The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) represents an unprecedented opportunity to transform the housing stock, and create a marketplace for high performing homes. There are two rebate programs in the IRA that target residential energy efficiency, one of which requires a third party certification on all rebated projects. Pearl’s Certification Reports meet this certification requirement and can play a key role in the Market Transformation Plans that states are required to create.
California is of particular interest to Pearl given its long history of investment in energy efficiency and the number of existing and planned programs related to efficiency, renewable energy, decarbonization and resiliency.
We are looking for a P3 Partnerships Director in the California/Northwest Region to join our dynamic, supportive, completely remote team. This role will be responsible for building relationships with public partners and networking with them to build programs that help expand Pearl’s footprint in California and the Northwest, with the goal of integrating Pearl’s certification services into residential rebate programs.
As the P3 Partnerships Director, California/Northwest, you will:
- Create and expand Pearl partnerships in California and the Pacific Northwest, leveraging your existing network and expanding your network as appropriate
- Increase awareness of Pearl’s certification services to the public sector, creating opportunities for certification to be incorporated into program requirements
- Successfully contribute to the revenue goals for P3
- Create and manage a pipeline of opportunities for revenue to design/launch statewide programs and communicate progress/results
- Develop RFP responses working in coordination with the P3 VP, Director of Programs, Project Coordinator and with input from other relevant divisions within the company
- Work closely with implementation partners and other national partners to design winning proposals for programs in California and the Pacific Northwest
- Successfully launch new programs
- Manage key stakeholder relationships (ranging from internal division heads to external utilities, non-profits, municipalities, and federal agencies) to achieve consensus on the project plan
- Work with the P3 team to launch the project or program (including management of kickoff meetings, development of draft materials for stakeholder review, problem solving, timeline development, etc.) as needed
- Successfully hand-off programs to program managers
- Participate in key meetings with stakeholders - which may include local advocacy groups, utilities, trade associations, etc.
- Represent Pearl at conferences and other events
- Coordinate internal resources and collaborate across divisions to ensure the work P3 is doing is well coordinated and delivered with excellence
What we’re looking for in a P3 Partnerships Director:
- Authorization to legally work in the U.S. (Pearl is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time)
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Existing relationships beneficial to Pearl’s goals
- Experience with the California energy efficiency industry
- Pertinent business development and/or sales experience, including proposal writing
- Ability to operate independently and with team engagement
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills that translate across varying types of diverse stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Can develop and deliver a refined presentation
- 7-10 years experience in relevant industry roles
- Ability to travel 35-50% of the time
Nice to have:
- Previous experience working in a startup environment
- Experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary in the range of $130k to $150k, commensurate with experience and local market conditions
- Medical, vision and dental insurance coverage provided at NO COST for employees and their families
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts
- Life insurance coverage
- Employer paid cell phone service
- 401(k) employer match up to 4%
- Stock options
- 15 vacation days per year, plus holidays (including the week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day), a floating holiday for your birthday, and sick days
- Generous paid parental leave and post-leave family flex days
- Flexible work environment: work remotely from anywhere within the US
Why work at Pearl?
- We are a dynamic and growing startup where your opinion and contributions will make a big difference to our future
- We are a mission-driven company: we love what we do and the impact we are making
- Our company culture is supportive, team-based, and fun
- We are 100% remote - work where you feel comfortable
- We take our corporate values seriously, incorporating them into staff development checkpoints, hiring practices, and team building activities
- One of those values is equality between people - we support diversity, celebrate our differences, and learn from one another
- Pearl is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply
*Interested candidates and agencies - please do not reach out directly to Pearl staff. We have a dedicated recruiting team who will handle this internally. Thank you!