VP of Revenue
Pearl Certification, a dynamic start-up rapidly expanding from regional bases to a national presence, seeks a VP of Revenue to own and grow Pearl's top line by building and managing our Contractor Sales Department. This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the US.
Who we are
Pearl is a national firm that provides third-party certification of high-performing homes — homes that are healthier, more comfortable, resilient, and energy efficient. Pearl’s Certification drives demand for these improvements by capturing their value for resale and appraisal. When marketed correctly, Pearl’s Certification can add 5% or more to a home’s sale price. Pearl will transform the residential market by certifying 10 percent of the U.S. housing stock by 2030.
Pearl’s customers are high-quality, high-volume residential HVAC, solar, and home performance contractors. The Contractor Sales team recruits these contractors into the Pearl Network. Membership in the Pearl Network to certify their installations using Pearl’s proprietary certification platform. Membership in the Pearl Network enables contractors to close more sales, increase ticket sizes, and remarket more effectively to past customers.
Pearl strives to be excellent. We want to make the planet better in a large, meaningful way. We believe that the best way to do this is to provide excellent products and excellent service to our customers. We work in a collaborative, respectful, and candid environment infused by intellectual curiosity.
Who you are
- You’re one of us in the ways that matter: collaborative, candid, conscious, curious.
- You’re your own person in the ways that matter: race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, religious affiliation, sense of humor
- You have a long history (10+ years) of building and managing business to business sales teams, preferably in a related industry
- You’ve developed regional go-to-market strategies and national channel programs
- You’ve dealt with the pains and pleasures of rapid growth and scale
- Your colleagues praise your communication skills
- You hold yourself and your team to the highest standards of integrity
- You’re mission-driven with a strong executive presence
- Your business acumen points you in the right direction and your analytical skills ensure you get there
What we expect
- Achieve Pearl’s ambitious revenue goals by overseeing growth of the Pearl Network;
- Lead the development of a department culture that is consistent with Pearl’s values and that motivates the sales team to perform at their highest level;
- Develop a go-to-market strategy for building the Pearl Network through both organic and partner channels;
- Lead Contractor Sales team in achieving growth goals through training and enablement, building effective sales processes, and designing and executing territory sales plans;
- Collaborate with marketing team in designing marketing plans, as well as sales collateral and other sales support materials;
- Expand adoption and effective use of SFDC to build and maintain a healthy pipeline that will drive growth;
- Expand SFDC reporting capability for analyzing and evaluating KPIs and trends to inform ongoing evolution of the sales strategy;
- Design, implement, and manage a consistent process and methodology for sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting;
- Create processes for ongoing assessment of product/market fit of the Pearl Home Certification process, and work collaboratively with the product team to ensure customer satisfaction and value creation.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation with a mix of salary, performance, and equity
- Robust health insurance options
- Additional benefits including dental, vision, AD&D, and more
- The tools you need in order to deliver
- A nationwide, distributed team of colleagues who share your passion, vision, and grit.
- A daily dose of dad jokes