Internship runs through June 30, 2023, with opportunity to extend through December 31, 2023 based on performance, business need, and budget.
Pearl Certification has a mission to make our global community a better place by giving homeowners the tools to improve their homes’ health, comfort, efficiency, resilience — and value. We are passionate about improving the performance of residential buildings as a way to improve people’s lives and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Pearl is a national start-up that certifies high-performing homes: homes with efficient heating and cooling, solar, smart home devices, resilient features and much more. Our award-winning homeowner app, Green Door, helps homeowners create high-performing homes through learning and planning tools, connection to local contractors, a rebates finder, and by awarding points toward a high-value Pearl Certification for energy-efficient home features.
We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic Social Media Marketing Intern to support our Homeowner Division. This position can work from anywhere in the U.S., but the ability to work on Eastern Standard Time is preferred.
The Social Media Marketing Intern will report directly to the Marketing Director for the Homeowner Division. The primary goal is to drive awareness and adoption of Pearl’s Green Door app by sharing educational content and running ads.
An ideal candidate will be someone who is creative but also driven by data, who can think strategically, analyze social listening intel, and create copy and graphics that get results.
As the Social Media Marketing Intern, you will:
- Analyze social listening data from our social intelligence platform, Talkwalker, and create an organic and paid social media strategy that addresses our target audiences
- Create, pitch, and manage a monthly organic and paid ad calendar based on upcoming content, events, product launches, and campaigns — and adapt the calendar as needs change
- Create social copy to promote blog content, partner/client content, events, awards, product announcements, company updates, and other items, tailored to each of our audience segments
- Curate or produce photos, images, video, and audio assets to use in social posts and ads
- Create social graphics, video, and ads to stand alone or accompany copy and ensure creative assets meet the requirements for our social platforms
- Schedule organic posts and paid ad campaigns on each of our social media platforms, with a minimum cadence of three posts a week on each platform
- Build targeted audiences for paid campaigns, using demographic, behavioral, and other criteria
- Create forms for lead capture as part of paid social campaigns
- Monitor page, post, and ad engagement and engage with followers, commenters, mentions, and Pearl brand partners or clients as needed, and monitor/clean up comments to align with and protect brand reputation
- Monitor paid campaigns and boosted posts for performance and budget utilization, and provide recommendations for optimizing existing campaigns to drive better results
- Provide a weekly social media performance report using in-platform reporting tools as well as insights from our social listening platform, note growth, sentiment, and keyword/topic trends, track budget usage, and pitch ideas for new social content
- Assist the Marketing Director with other tasks as needed
What we’re looking for in a Social Media Marketing Intern:
- Senior-level undergraduate, recent college graduate, or Master’s-level student in Marketing, Communications, or similar field, or demonstrated experience working in a social media function in a professional setting.
- Authorization to legally work in the US (Pearl is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time.)
- Ability to work 12-16 hours/week, starting immediately
- Experience running social media accounts for a brand, nonprofit, or government agency (or degree in related field)
- Expertise in creating written, visual, and video content for social media for a brand, nonprofit, or government agency (or degree in related field)
- Demonstrable success running, analyzing, and optimizing paid social media campaigns for a brand, nonprofit, or government agency (or degree in related field)
- Experience leveraging social listening data to build audience profiles and create and optimize social content (or degree in related field)
- Deep knowledge of the following platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Linktr.ee, and a scheduling platform like HootSuite, Buffer, or Later
- Working knowledge of a social listening platform like Talkwalker, Brandwatch, or Meltwater
- Working knowledge of creative tools like Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Stock, and Google Suite
Nice to have:
- Passion for environmental and climate solutions
- Past experience working in a startup environment
Why intern at Pearl?
- We offer great growth opportunities in a dynamic, growing startup
- We are a mission-driven company, and we love what we do
- Pearl’s company culture is centered around our core values, the first of which is equality between people. We value diversity, celebrate our differences, and learn from one another. Pearl is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Our company culture is supportive, team-based, and fun
- We are 100% remote - work where you feel comfortable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive hourly rate based on experience
- Internship runs through June 30, 2023, with opportunity to extend through December 31, 2023 based on performance, business need, and budget.
Please submit a cover letter in addition to your resume for consideration. We kindly ask that you please do NOT reach out directly via email to Pearl staff.