This position is fully remote and applicants may be from anywhere in the U.S. (Pearl has been fully remote since our founding).
Pearl’s mission is to make our global community a better place by giving homeowners the tools to improve their homes’ health, comfort, efficiency, resilience — and value. We are passionate about improving the performance of residential buildings as a way to improve people’s lives and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Pearl is a national start-up that certifies high-performing homes: homes with efficient heating and cooling, solar, smart home devices, resilient features and much more. Pearl’s certification drives demand for these improvements by capturing their value for resale and appraisal. Via Pearl’s Green Door App, homeowners can virtually manage, maintain and improve their home’s energy efficient performance.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our dynamic, supportive team and contribute meaningfully to the development of Pearl’s software products. This position will start the internal scaling of our development capabilities and will begin by working on the Green Door mobile app.
As the Software Engineer, you will:
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of Pearl’s software products
- Collaborate with our product & design teams to define, build & ship new features & capabilities.
- Contribute to the technical design, development, testing, maintenance, deployment, and documentation
- Provide recommendations and options for improving the development process and build processes
- Create beautiful and usable interfaces by crafting elegant, easily readable code.
- Participate and conduct code reviews
- Contribute meaningfully and supportively in an environment diverse in perspective and experience
- Maintain meticulous documentation
- Ensure culture of camaraderie, excellence, and continuous improvement supporting one another to the highest standards
- Regular self education, writing, conference attendance, etc.
What we’re looking for in a Software Engineer:
- Authorization to legally work in the US (Pearl is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time).
- 3+ years experience in web and/or mobile software development
- Experience in Flutter and Dart (or willingness to learn)
- Demonstrated architectural/system-level design and development experience
- A core belief in quality at all levels from user experience to code presentation
- Attention to detail
- Hands-on experience (or working knowledge of) publishing applications to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Experience in SDLC tooling, testing infrastructure, code collaboration, issue tracking
- Experience developing with and integrating APIs
- Computer Science or related field degree or equivalent experience
- Please note that Pearl requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if the appropriate time period has passed) for business travel and in-person meetings; occasional travel for team and/or company wide meetings is anticipated for all positions
Nice to have:
- Previous startup experience
- Experience in any of the following fields: home contracting, solar, energy efficiency, building performance, building science, real estate
Why work at Pearl?
- We offer great growth opportunities in a dynamic, growing startup
- We are a mission-driven company, and we love what we do
- Pearl’s company culture is centered around our core values, the first of which is equality between people. We value diversity, celebrate our differences, and learn from one another. Pearl is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Our company culture is supportive, team-based, and fun
- We are 100% remote - work where you feel comfortable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Market salary based on experience and local conditions, in the range of $100k to $120k
- Medical, vision and dental coverage provided for employees and their families, with optional upgrade coverage, where the employee covers only the difference in cost
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life insurance, cell phone service, and 401(k) with employer match up to 4%
- 15 vacation days during the calendar year, plus holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day), a floating holiday for your birthday, sick days, and paid parental leave
***RECRUITERS, AGENCIES, AND INTERESTED CANDIDATES - we kindly ask that you please do NOT reach out directly via email to Pearl founders or staff.