Pearl’s mission is to make our global community a better place by giving homeowners the tools to improve their homes’ health, comfort, efficiency, resilience — and value. We are passionate about improving the performance of residential buildings as a way to improve people’s lives and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Pearl is a national start-up that certifies high-performing homes: homes with efficient heating and cooling, solar, smart home devices, resilient features, and much more. Pearl’s certification drives demand for these improvements by capturing their value for resale and appraisal.
We are looking for a Vice President of Real Estate (Home Sales Certification) to join our dynamic, supportive team to work remotely from anywhere in the US. (We have been fully remote since our founding.)
The Vice President of Real Estate (Home Sales Certification) will be responsible for overseeing the Real Estate Division to ensure that it meets two strategic goals: generating revenue from customers within the residential real estate industry (residential brokerages and agents, software and data service providers, online portals, nationwide MLS associations), and ensuring the realization of Pearl’s brand promise: that Pearl Certification enables high-performing homes to sell for more.
The Vice President of Real Estate (Home Sales Certification) will work with Pearl’s executive team to set the strategic direction of the division and have overall responsibility for understanding the needs of Pearl’s real estate sector customers, developing new and enhancing existing products to meet those needs, building a sales team, and ensuring that revenue and expense targets are met.
As the Vice President of Real Estate (Home Sales Certification), you will:
- Develop and enhance the residential real estate process that ensures Pearl Certification adds value to high-performing homes at the time of sale, including:
- Expand and enhance the national Pearl Real Estate Partner network of high-performing agents and brokers
- Develop a real estate certifier network
- Continued operation of the Pearl Appraiser Council
- Develop the networks of partner brokers, agents, appraisers, and lenders in target market regions such that the Pearl brand is widely recognized within the region’s real estate community
- Develop new lines of revenue, which may include real estate lead generation, agent/broker revenues, and data sales
- Negotiate and establish partnerships that may involve but are not limited to:
- Sale/sharing of Pearl data to RE data providers
- Incorporate Pearl products into real estate software and online portals to dramatically expand Pearl’s visibility
- Enhance Pearl's visibility on major real estate sites
- Develop partnerships with firms involved in the resale transaction
- Develop Partnerships with professional investors
What we’re looking for in a Vice President of Real Estate (Home Sales Certification):
- Authorization to legally work in the US (Pearl is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time)
- Deep strategic understanding of the residential real estate industry, including the residential real estate sales transaction, the appraisal process, the economics of a real estate brokerage, the industry’s data infrastructure, and emerging trends within the industry
- Ability to build and manage strong partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Competent in business development: ability to conceptualize and negotiate business partners with a wide range of real estate service providers
- Experience managing P&L responsibilities, including meeting revenue targets and keeping expenses within budget
- Leadership and team-building experience to grow the division and coordinate with other divisions within Pearl
- Ability to provide oversight of real estate-related product development
- Excellent public presentation abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What we’re NOT looking for:
- Property, asset, rental or investment portfolio management, facilities and building management, site selection, corporate or retail real estate experience - while these types of backgrounds are nice to have, it is not the bulk of the experience we are looking for in this position, and will not be applicable for success in this role unless you also have significant knowledge of the residential real estate data ecosystem and expertise with the above networks and responsibilities.
Nice to have:
- Previous startup experience
- Experience in any of the following fields: home contracting, solar, energy efficiency, building performance, building science
Why work at Pearl?
- We offer great growth opportunities in a dynamic, growing startup
- We are a mission-driven company, and we love what we do
- Pearl’s company culture is centered around our core values, the first of which is equality between people. We value diversity, celebrate our differences, and learn from one another. Pearl is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Our company culture is supportive, team-based, and fun
- We are 100% remote - work where you feel comfortable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Market salary based on experience and local conditions, in the range of $150k to $185k, plus stock options
- Medical, vision and dental coverage provided for employees and their families, with optional upgrade coverage, where the employee covers only the difference in cost
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life insurance, cell phone service, and 401(k) with employer match up to 4%
- 15 vacation days during the calendar year, plus holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day), a floating holiday for your birthday, sick days and paid parental leave
***RECRUITERS, AGENCIES, AND INTERESTED CANDIDATES - we kindly ask that you please do NOT reach out directly via email to Pearl founders or staff.