Pearl’s mission is to make our global community a better place by giving homeowners the tools to improve their homes’ health, comfort, efficiency, resilience — and value. We are passionate about improving the performance of residential buildings as a way to improve people’s lives and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Pearl is a national start-up that certifies high-performing homes: homes with efficient heating and cooling, solar, smart home devices, resilient features and much more. Pearl’s certification drives demand for these improvements by capturing their value for resale and appraisal. Our business model is SaaS, whereby our network of high-quality contractors pay a monthly fee to certify their installations and in turn see a 5% - 10% increase in close rates when leveraging Pearl in their sales conversation.
We are looking for an experienced Growth Marketing Director who thrives on hitting business targets to join our innovative company and directly support all end-to-end growth projects. This position can work from anywhere in the U.S. (Pearl has been a fully remote company since its founding).
The primary goal of this position is to drive qualified inbound leads (solar, HVAC, etc.) for our Contractor Division. Sustained growth will come from identifying what works and developing an efficient process for replicating results. An ideal candidate will be focused on metrics and processes to reliably achieve company-wide revenue goals.
An agile mindset is a must. Pearl’s culture is one of testing, failing, and fixing quickly to make ambitious progress in a scaling startup where innovation and speed are key.
As the Growth Marketing Director, you will:
- Optimize and monitor campaign strategies across all marketing channels
- Conduct A/B testing to create data-driven strategies for hitting key metrics and engaging all funnels
- Execute high-converting marketing strategies based on data analytics
- Identify opportunities to scale business and acquire new customers
- Oversee paid search and social acquisitions through direct management and execution of campaigns
- Support or enhance referral marketing programs
- Coordinate across SEO, digital marketing, social media, design, email marketing, creative, and other division marketing teams’ initiatives to drive brand awareness and sales
- Create specialized campaigns to engage and acquire top-tier, high-value customers
- Explore new paid mediums, ad platforms, and other inbound channels to complement our core top funnel marketing efforts
- Support leadership in budget planning and management, regular performance reporting, and with wider department initiatives
- Identify and manage consultants who may provide supporting services such as designers, website developers
- Support Contractor Division brand awareness
- As budget allows, support the introduction and oversight of a co-op advertising program from a content and process perspective
- Ensure assets and messaging are consistent with our brand
What we’re looking for in a Growth Marketing Director:
- Authorization to legally work in the US (Pearl is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time.)
- Proven leadership experience carrying out growth marketing efforts, including planning, prioritizing, and implementing strategy
- Demonstrable growth track record in a B2B SaaS business, with samples and results from past campaigns
- Metrics-driven with an ability to draw insight from complex marketing data
- Collaborative and communicative with peers across all Pearl divisions
- A willingness to fail-forward, learn and grow
- Highly resourceful - experienced stretching dollars and compressing timelines
- Strong understanding of the current online customer acquisition channels for B2B channels in varying stages of maturity
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, Photoshop , Mailchimp, Hootsuite (or, other social media management systems)
- Deep skills in marketing campaign development, execution and leveraging data and analytics (CPC, CTR, open rate, CPL, CPA, EPC, etc.) to improve results and increase ROI
- Solid project management skills: ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional partners, prioritize high impact activities, and keep complex projects moving forward
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- High degree of organization: ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Limited travel on an as-warranted basis - please note that Pearl requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if the appropriate time period has passed) for business travel and in-person meetings
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of web page and landing page creation (in Craft format)
- Knowledge of the residential contractor space is preferred
- Past experience working in a startup environment preferred
- Budget and expense management experience
Why work at Pearl?
- We offer great growth opportunities in a dynamic, growing startup
- We are a mission-driven company, and we love what we do
- Pearl’s company culture is centered around our core values, the first of which is equality between people. We value diversity, celebrate our differences, and learn from one another. Pearl is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Our company culture is supportive, team-based, and fun
- We are 100% remote - work where you feel comfortable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Market salary based on experience and local conditions, in the range of $140k to $170k
- Medical, vision and dental coverage provided for employees and their families, with optional upgrade coverage, where the employee covers only the difference in cost
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life insurance, cell phone service, and 401(k) with employer match up to 4%
- 15 vacation days during the calendar year, plus holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day), a floating holiday for your birthday, sick days, and paid parental leave
***RECRUITERS, AGENCIES, AND INTERESTED CANDIDATES - we kindly ask that you please do NOT reach out directly via email to Pearl founders or staff.