Pearl’s mission is to make our global community a better place by giving homeowners the tools to improve their homes’ health, comfort, efficiency, resilience — and value. We are passionate about improving the performance of residential buildings as a way to improve people’s lives and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Pearl is a national start-up that certifies high-performing homes: homes with efficient heating and cooling, solar, smart home devices, resilient features and much more. Pearl’s certification drives demand for these improvements by capturing their value for resale and appraisal.
We are looking for a Program Manager to join our dynamic, supportive Public-Private Partnerships Division, to work remotely from anywhere in the US (we have been fully remote since our founding).
The Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) represents an unprecedented opportunity to transform the housing stock and create a marketplace for high performing homes. Included in the IRA are two rebate programs that target residential energy efficiency, one of which requires a third party certification. Pearl’s Public-Private Partnerships Division is developing a template approach to a comprehensive program aimed at creating demand for Pearl Certifications for our network of contractors, builders, and real estate agents.
The Program Manager will work closely with the business development team to launch programs and define success metrics. The PM and P3 Division will be able to leverage Pearl’s national partnerships with manufacturers, trade associations, and agencies to achieve our goal of building awareness of Pearl in the marketplace, becoming the certification provider of choice, and fulfilling our brand promise that Pearl Certified homes sell for more.
As the Public-Private Partnerships Program Manager, you will:
- Establish and maintain a project plan for each target market
- Manage key stakeholder relationships (ranging from internal division heads to external state energy offices, utilities, non-profits, municipalities, and federal agencies) to achieve consensus on the project plan
- Work with the business development team to launch the project or program in a given market, including:
- Management of kickoff meetings
- Development of draft materials for stakeholder review
- Timeline development
- Problem solving
- Travel to key meetings with stakeholders - which may include local advocacy groups, utilities, trade associations, etc.
- Coordinate internal resources and collaborate across divisions to ensure the work P3 is doing is well coordinated
- Support public sector clients in achieving their goals
- Prepare recurring client reports, analyze and present key results, and facilitate meetings
What we’re looking for in a Program Manager:
- Authorization to legally work in the US (Pearl is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time)
- Strong, demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that translate across varying types of diverse stakeholders
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and present an informed opinion that takes into account relationship politics
- Demonstrated experience working with clients in a poised and professional manner
- Proactive at addressing issues and creating solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Detail oriented
- Can deliver a refined presentation
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, cross-team environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple high priority tasks
- Travel required, 30-50%; Please note that Pearl requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if the appropriate time period has passed) for business travel and in-person meetings
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of energy efficiency, contracting, real estate, or other relevant field is helpful, but not required
- Startup experience strongly preferred
Why work at Pearl?
- We offer great growth opportunities in a dynamic, growing startup
- We are a mission-driven company, and we love what we do
- Pearl’s company culture is centered around our core values, the first of which is equality between people. We value diversity, celebrate our differences, and learn from one another. Pearl is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Our company culture is supportive, team-based, and fun
- We are 100% remote - work where you feel comfortable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Market salary based on experience and local conditions, in the range of $95k to $115k
- Medical, vision and dental coverage provided for employees and their families, with optional upgrade coverage, where the employee covers only the difference in cost
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life insurance, cell phone service, and 401(k) with employer match up to 4%
- 15 vacation days during the calendar year, plus holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day), a floating holiday for your birthday, sick days, and paid parental leave
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume for consideration.
***RECRUITERS, AGENCIES, AND INTERESTED CANDIDATES - we kindly ask that you please do NOT reach out directly via email to Pearl founders or staff.