Pearl’s mission is to make our global community a better place by giving homeowners the tools to improve their homes’ health, comfort, efficiency, resilience — and value. We are passionate about improving the performance of residential buildings as a way to improve people’s lives and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Pearl Certification is a dynamic Public Benefit Corporation that renders high-performance energy-efficient home value visible through its comprehensive certification system. Pearl’s certification drives demand for efficient home improvements by capturing their value for resale and appraisal, benefiting homeowners and the contractors, builders, raters, real estate professionals, and public entities who serve them. Pearl's products are de-risked, in-market, and scaling ahead of nationwide adoption that will be accelerated by the rollout of the Inflation Reduction Act, which directs nearly $400 billion in federal funding to clean energy.
We believe Pearl has a tremendous latent opportunity to change the lending and securitization equation by developing a direct strategy and product offering for the lending community. We are looking for a seasoned finance professional who is excited to help us explore this opportunity as a consultant and then (ideally) join full-time to design, build, and run this new line of business for Pearl.
Our ideal candidate will have extensive experience in asset-based finance, lending, or securitization, including but not limited to energy transition, real estate, or infrastructure. The candidate will be well-versed in both Pearl's core certification business and the inner workings of lending and securitization to lead targeted, ongoing financial product development.
As the Credit Opportunity Business Development Consultant, you will:
- Conduct market research and product development ideation to identify viable business opportunities for Pearl within the lending industry
- Using industry knowledge and connections, develop approaches, solutions, and recommendations that effectively and efficiently address the most impactful opportunities and challenges related to partnering with loan originators, servicers, and packagers
- Articulate the value created by potential Pearl product and service offerings and the amount of that value Pearl can capture
- Meet with Board, executive team, and appropriate staff to understand Pearl’s diverse business activities and actively engage in strategic planning discussions
- Produce and explain key insights and findings in a comprehensive and detailed manner
- Provide advice or suggestions based on market feedback and make adjustments to business development strategy as needed
- Formulate plans to implement recommendations and overcome objections from potential partners
What we’re looking for in a Credit Opportunity Business Development Consultant:
- Experience in asset-based finance, lending, or securitization, including but not limited to energy transition, real estate, or infrastructure
- Product management experience
- Deeply conversant in loan packaging, lending operations, and underwriting
- Enthusiasm and passion for Pearl’s mission
- Ability to quickly learn and understand Pearl’s products, services, and value propositions
- Strong relationship building skills - can engage and influence decision-makers in the financial industry
- A confident networker, communicator, and listener who can talk the wall street talk while enthusiastically promoting Pearl’s mission
- A strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience and comfort working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Authorization to legally work in the U.S.
For a candidate to successfully transition from consulting to full-time leadership role, you will also:
- Possess strong leadership skills - we anticipate this line of business becoming its own division with the leader assuming P&L and people management responsibilities
- Have a commitment to candor, integrity, and accountability
- Be a flexible, reliable, and collaborative team player
- Please note that Pearl requires full-time employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if the appropriate time period has passed) for business travel and in-person meetings
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of the following industries: home contracting, solar, energy efficiency, residential, new construction, real estate
- Sell-side and buy-side experience (preferably in principal investing)
Why work at Pearl?
- We are a dynamic and growing startup where your opinion and contributions will make a big difference to our future
- We are a mission-driven company: we love what we do and the impact we are making
- Our company culture is supportive, team-based, and fun
- We are 100% remote - work where you feel comfortable
- We take our corporate values seriously, incorporating them into staff development checkpoints, hiring practices, and team building activities
- Pearl is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply
- Market rates will be based on experience and local conditions, in the anticipated range of $125 to $175 per hour. However, we are open to candidates guiding the conversation surrounding consulting rates. We want to ensure we are able to capture the most suitable candidate to lead this potentially business changing strategic opportunity for Pearl.