Vice President of Revenue
Would you like to join a dynamic start-up with a vibrant, dedicated, and supportive team? Pearl is looking for a Vice President of Revenue to work remotely from anywhere in the US. (We have been fully remote since our founding.)
Pearl is a national start-up that certifies high-performing homes: homes with efficient heating and cooling, solar, smart home devices, resilient features and much more. Pearl’s certification drives demand for these improvements by capturing their value for resale and appraisal.
Our mission is to make our global community a better place by giving homeowners the tools to improve their homes’ health, comfort, efficiency, resilience — and value. We are passionate about improving the performance of residential buildings as a way to improve people’s lives and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Achieve Pearl’s ambitious revenue goals by overseeing growth of the Pearl Contractor Network
- Lead the development of a department culture that is consistent with Pearl’s values and that motivates the sales team to perform at their highest level
- Develop a go-to-market strategy for building the Pearl Contractor Network through both organic and partner channels
- Lead Contractor Sales team in achieving growth goals through training and enablement, sales process enhancement, and design and execution of territory sales plans
- Collaborate with Marketing team in development of our marketing plan, sales collateral and other sales support materials and provide regular market feedback to improve our marketing and branding efforts
- Expand adoption and effective use of Salesforce to build and maintain a healthy pipeline that will drive growth
- Expand Salesforce reporting capability for analyzing and evaluating KPIs and trends to inform ongoing evolution of the sales strategy
- Design, implement, and manage a consistent process and methodology for sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting
- Create processes for ongoing assessment of product/market fit of the Pearl Home Certification process, and work collaboratively with the Product team to ensure customer satisfaction and value creation
- You’re one of us in the ways that matter: collaborative, candid, conscious, curious.
- You’re your own person in the ways that matter: race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, religious affiliation, sense of humor
- You have a long history (10+ years) of building and managing business to business sales teams, preferably in a related industry
- You’ve developed regional go-to-market strategies and national channel programs
- You’ve dealt with the pains and pleasures of rapid growth and scale
- Your colleagues praise your communication skills
- You hold yourself and your team to the highest standards of integrity
- You’re mission-driven with a strong executive presence
- Your business acumen points you in the right direction and your analytical skills ensure you get there
- Authorization to legally work in the US
Nice to have:
- Previous startup experience
- Experience in any of the following fields: home contracting, solar, energy efficiency, building performance, building science
Why work at Pearl?
- We offer great growth opportunities in a dynamic, growing startup
- We are a mission-driven company, and we love what we do
- Pearl’s company culture is centered around our core values, the first of which is equality between people. We value diversity, celebrate our differences, and learn from one another. Pearl is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Our company culture is supportive, team-based, and fun
- We are 100% remote - work where you feel comfortable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Market-based compensation
- Standard medical, vision and dental coverage provided for employees and their families, with optional upgrade coverage, where the employee covers only the difference in cost
- Healthcare and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance, cell phone service, and a 401(k)
- 15 days of paid time off during the calendar year, 10 sick days, plus holidays, and paid parental leave
- Position reports to the CEO