Pearl’s mission is to make our global community a better place by giving homeowners the tools to improve their homes’ health, comfort, efficiency, resilience — and value. We are passionate about improving the performance of residential buildings as a way to improve people’s lives and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Pearl is a national start-up that certifies high-performing homes: homes with efficient heating and cooling, solar, smart home devices, resilient features and much more. Pearl’s certification drives demand for these improvements by capturing their value for resale and appraisal.
We are looking for a Membership Manager to join our dynamic, supportive Real Estate Division. This position can work remotely from anywhere in the United States.
The Membership Manager will be responsible for recruiting and coaching Pearl’s Partner Network of real estate agents who effectively market Pearl Certified homes so that their full value is reflected in the purchase price. Partner Network members will play a crucial role in ensuring that Pearl’s brand promise – that certified high-performing homes sell for more – is fully realized.
The Membership Manager will be responsible for building out an Elite designation for select agents within Pearl’s Partner Network, developing standards of practice and creating and implementing membership benefits. This position will craft and conduct educational training for agents and brokerages interested in utilizing Pearl Certification to enhance their business.
The Membership Manager will also work with local multiple listing services (MLSs) and regional real estate stakeholders, with the goal of encouraging MLSs to adopt green fields, including Pearl Certification.
As Membership Manager, you will:
- Develop and manage a network of Pearl Partner real estate agents
- Identify compelling value propositions to ensure that Partner agents will:
- Engage with Pearl
- Promote themselves as Pearl Partner agents
- Actively certify and list Pearl Certified homes
- Take part in high-performing home farming campaigns
- Engage in other related projects
- Work with the team to create materials that enable these value propositions to be realized
- Create and offer a training course for Network Partners on how to leverage certification in their business, and how to market, promote, and sell high-performing homes
- Develop a portal to ensure that Partner Network members have a delightful experience that results in strong, ongoing engagement with Pearl
- Engage in ongoing customer discovery with the operations manager to support training and mentorship for agents through various touch points and frequent communication
- Identify opportunities to recruit agents and brokerages in target markets to join the network and the Elite program when appropriate
- Establish partnerships with MLSs resulting in the addition of Pearl Certification as a field in their listings
- Develop new ways for MLSs and Pearl to work together to increase the number of Pearl certified homes that are listed and marketed correctly
- Present sales and educational content to various audiences, both in person and virtually, with the goal of enhancing Pearl’s brand
- Represent Pearl at industry events and cultivate networking opportunities for lead generation
- Assist with content creation, presentations, vlogs, blogs, etc to attract new members
- Proactively engage with real estate associations, communities, and agents via social media
What we’re looking for in a Membership Manager:
- Authorization to legally work in the U.S. (Pearl is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time)
- Considerable expertise in the residential real estate industry
- Extensive knowledge of green fields and high-performing home sales
- Demonstrated coaching and training experience
- Deep understanding of the agent experience and residential real estate business practices
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to create and deliver presentations to individuals and large groups
- Proven track record of success in increasing agent production and business development
- Experience in successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously at various stages
- Knowledgeable in Salesforce or comparable CRM
- Excels in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to travel up to 10 nights per month, with possible weekend travel (please note that Pearl requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted if the appropriate time period has passed) for business travel and in-person meetings)
Nice to have:
- Previous startup experience
- Experience in any of the following fields: home contracting, solar, energy efficiency, building performance, building science, real estate
Why work at Pearl?
- We offer great growth opportunities in a dynamic, growing startup
- We are a mission-driven company, and we love what we do
- Pearl’s company culture is centered around our core values, the first of which is equality between people. We value diversity, celebrate our differences, and learn from one another. Pearl is an equal opportunity employer, and candidates from all backgrounds and life experiences are encouraged to apply.
- Our company culture is supportive, team-based, and fun
- We are 100% remote - work where you feel comfortable
Compensation and Benefits:
- Market salary based on candidate experience and local conditions, in the range of $95k to $120k
- Medical, vision and dental coverage provided for employees and their families, with optional upgrade coverage, where the employee covers only the difference in cost
- Flexible spending and dependent care accounts, life insurance, cell phone service, and 401(k) with employer match up to 4%
- 15 vacation days during the calendar year, plus holidays (including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day), a floating holiday for your birthday, sick days, and paid parental leave
***RECRUITERS, AGENCIES, AND INTERESTED CANDIDATES - we kindly ask that you please do NOT reach out directly via email to Pearl founders or staff.